To create a Purchase Receipt follow steps as shown below
The Purchase Receipt will have the following tabs. Lets have a look at each tab in detail.
The Basic Info will capture details of the supplier and lorry and challan details. % Billed will show how much expense has been booked through Purchase Invoice against this Purchase Receipt.
The Items tab will capture the list of items received and accepted in the warehouse. Also mention the rejected warehouse if accepted quantity is less than the quantity is received.
The Taxes tab will capture other charges related to purchase i.e. taxes and landed costs. You can directly enter other charges like Freight and VAT in the table as shown below.
You can select Category based on the following requirements:
- For Total - when you want to add the landed costs to the net total.
- For Valuation - when you want the landed costs only to be considered for stock valuation and not include in the net total.
- For Both - when you want to consider landed costs for stock valuation as well as add to the net total.
You can select Type based on the following requirements:
- Actual - when you know the actual amount of tax or other charge to be added to the net total, mention the amount in the Rate column.
- On Net Total - will be selected when a tax percentage has to be calculated on the net total.
- On Previous Row Amount - will be selected if a tax percentage needs to be calculated over the previous row tax amount . In this case mention the Row Id.
- On Previous Row Total - will be selected when a tax percentage needs to be calculated over the total of net total and the previous row tax amount. In this case also mention the Row Id
Select the relevant tax account head applicable. The account head should be created under Chart of Accounts. The tax rate will be mentioned in the account head and will get fetched under the Rate column on selecting the same.
It would be more convenient to create a template and pull its details as this would save time. To create a template click on the link http://erpnext.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-create-template-for-purchase.html
The Terms tab will have the terms and conditions and other additional information which you would want to appear on the Purchase Order print format. You can even create a template pull its details.
Save and submit the Purchase Receipt. The stock level of the quantity accepted will automatically go up in the Accepted Warehouse.
You can make a Purchase Invoice against this Purchase Receipt.